Our Mission Freeride Camps go a step further than the Induction Camps. For this reason, we do not stop to paying attention to the training part (prevention and rescue in the event of an avalanche, necessary procedures when skiing in a group or familiarization with the trilogy (transceiver, probe and shovel) but in a less intense way and focusing more on the activity. The activity also undergoes changes compared to the Induction ones, increasing its technical level with a heli-drop day and one of pure mountain skiing.
Ski level: the Mission Camps are aimed at riders with previous Freeride experience and a good physical level, capable of ascending 1,000 m of accumulated desnivel in one day. Participants must carry all the necessary equipment for ascents or approaches (freeride skis with touring bindings or splitboard) on all days. The minimum age required is 16 years (with parental or guardian permission).
We work closely with the best professional guides in each destination. We consider that human value is something that create a difference, that represents the epicenter of our experiences. The ratio of participants in the Mission Camps will be 4 participants per a head guide and anothertail guide, except for the heli drop day, who will be guided onñy by the head guide.
DESTINATION | SPANISH PYRENEES (Valle de Aran/Baqueira Beret)
The bucolic Valle de Aran is located in Catalonia, located on the northern slopes of the central Pyrenees. Its geographical location makes it an Atlantic valley, obtaining greater snowfalls than the southern face of the Pyrenees.
The Garonne River rises and crosses the entire Valley continuing through the French region of Gascony to the Atlantic Ocean. Its beautiful mountains that surround the Aran Valley, its mountain culture, its gastronomy and its villages built around its Romanesque churches of aranese architecture with a predominance of stone and slate, make the Valley one of the best destinations in the Pyrenees.
Something that the Aran Valley is proud of having possibly the best ski resort in the entire Pyrenees mountain range, Baqueira Beret. With a history that dates back to 1964, it has been gaining prestige and skiing dominance over the years. Today it has 2,166 hectares of land with a total of 167 km of slopes for all levels, 7 km of itineraries and infinite possibilities for freeride.
ACCOMMODATION | THE SKI LODGE UNHA
The Lodge: a luxury accommodation located in a privileged place to enjoy snow, skiing, adventure sports and nature. A recently renovated and redecorated house that treasures in its interior countless stories and experiences of all the guests who It has hosted over the years.
The rooms: the lodge has 4 double rooms and two bathrooms. The common areas include a cozy lounge and kitchen with fireplace. It has all equipment with great detail to make the stay as comfortable as possible. A spacious and comfortable interior that is complemented by a 1.5-hectare farm where you can enjoy the tranquility, nature and breathe fresh air.
Services: apart from the luxurious rooms, the atmosphere and the immense land around the house, The Ski Lodge offers its guests other services necessary to make their stay perfect and unforgettable. Free Wifi throughout the house. Catering service with pack-lunch breakfast, snack and dinner, all made with quality and local products.
PROGRAM & DATES | DAY BY DAY
Planned dates: 3rd week of February.
Program: Wednesday to Sunday
Day by day:
- Wednesday: arrival and reception of participants at the Lodge. Review of material, brief briefing of the guide team to give the details of the activity to be carried out in the following days and a welcome dinner.
- Thursday: first day of skiing / freeride in Baqueira. First thing in the morning refresh on the handling and practice of the trilogy (transceiver, probe and shovel). At half day there will be two ascents / descents with snowmobiles in Montgarri and we will end the day with the freeride descent from Blanhibar to Bagerge. Rest of the day freeriding around the ski resort. The techniques and procedures necessary for freeride will be refreshed during the days and on the field. In the afternoon before dinner we will have Aymar visit at the lodge who will present his latest projects and adventures. Dinner at the lodge
- Friday: second day of skiing. We will dedicate the whole day to make an ascent or several depending on the conditions, being able to ascend around 1,000 meters of desnivel. Aymar will accompany the participants sharing the day and his knowledge. Return to the lodge and free dinner to discover the incredible gastronomic offer of the Valley, with more than 200 restaurants. We will advise you and manage your reservations.
- Saturday: last day of skiing. After breakfast, transfer to the heliport located in Vielha, to fly after a security briefing, to the top of Montarto Mountain and descend on its north face to Baños de Tredos. Depending on the time and conditions, we will try to make some more ascents through the area, to end the day of skiing enjoying a bath in the hot springs, where you can relax your body before moving back to the lodge. Farewell dinner at the lodge.
- Sunday: breakfast and return of the participants to their homes. There is the possibility of skiing on Sunday, please contact us.
Note: the day by day description may be subject to changes due to weather conditions, snow conditions or by decision of the guides.
To participate in the Freeride Camp you must have the following material:
- Freeride skis (touring bindings and skins) or splitboard (can be substituted for snowshoes), poles and boots
- Transceiver, probe and shovel
- Backpack, (minimum 25 litres)
- Snow googles and sunglasses
- Proper clothing
- Mountain rescue insurance in force
- ABS backpack (recommended and not mandatory)
Note: if you do not have the equipment, contact us, we will manage your rental
GET |IN TOUCH
If you want more information about the Mission Freeride camps feel free to contact us.
The best secrets are those that are told in the ear.