Our Induction Freeride Camps are focused on all aspects of freeriding, not just the prevention and rescue in case of avalanche as most people believe. The freerider must also know: interpret the mountain when choosing the least exposed ascent line as well as the descent line, in order to avoid danger features or finish a line in areas that are difficult to exit. Apply the correct procedures skiing in a group. Adjust technique to ski better, with less effort and more control off-piste. Learn and become familiar with the use of the trilogy, transceiver, probe and shovel.
The camps are aimed at people who want to ski off-piste or improve their knowledge and skills in this field. They will be oriented to the improvement and knowledge of skiing on untreated snow, so it is essential that attendees have a good level of skiing or snowboarding, being able to descend through black slopes with fluidity and autonomy. As well as having previous experience skiing off piste.
The minimum age required is 16 years (with parental or guardian permission).
We work closely with the best professional guides in each destination. We consider that human value is something that cretaes a difference, for that they are and represent the epicenter of our experiences. The ratio of participants per guide in the Induction Camps will be 6 for a head guide and one tailguide.
DESTINATION | SPANISH PYRENEES (Valle de Aran/Baqueira Beret)
The bucolic Valle de Aran is located in Catalonia, located on the northern slopes of the central Pyrenees. Its geographical location makes it an Atlantic valley, obtaining greater snowfalls than the southern face of the Pyrenees.
The Garonne River rises and crosses the entire Valley continuing through the French region of Gascony to the Atlantic Ocean. Its beautiful mountains that surround the Aran Valley, its mountain culture, its gastronomy and its villages built around its Romanesque churches of aranese architecture with a predominance of stone and slate, make the Valley one of the best destinations in the Pyrenees.
Something that the Aran Valley is proud of having possibly the best ski resort in the entire Pyrenees mountain range, Baqueira Beret. With a history that dates back to 1964, it has been gaining prestige and skiing dominance over the years. Today it has 2,166 hectares of land with a total of 167 km of slopes for all levels, 7 km of itineraries and infinite possibilities for freeride.
ACCOMMODATION | THE SKI LODGE UNHA
The Lodge: a luxury accommodation located in a privileged place to enjoy snow, skiing, adventure sports and nature. A recently renovated and redecorated house that treasures in its interior countless stories and experiences of all the guests who It has hosted over the years.
The rooms: the lodge has 4 double rooms and two bathrooms. The common areas include a cozy lounge and kitchen with fireplace. It has all equipment with great detail to make the stay as comfortable as possible. A spacious and comfortable interior that is complemented by a 1.5-hectare farm where you can enjoy the tranquility, nature and breathe fresh air.
Services: apart from the luxurious rooms, the atmosphere and the immense land around the house, The Ski Lodge offers its guests other services necessary to make their stay perfect and unforgettable. Free Wifi throughout the house. Catering service with pack-lunch breakfast, snack and dinner, all made with quality and local products.
PROGRAM & DATES | DAY BY DAY
Planned dates: 2nd or 3rd week of January.
Program: Wednesday to Sunday
Day by day:
- Wednesday: arrival and reception of participants at the Lodge. Review of material, brief briefing of the guide team to give the details of the activity to be carried out in the following days and a welcome dinner.
- Thursday: first day of skiing in Baqueira. First thing in the morning we will work on the technique, handling and practice of the trilogy (transceiver, probe and shovel). The techniques and procedures necessary for freeride will be seen during the course of the days and on the field. Rest of the day freeriding around the station. Return and dinner at the lodge.
- Friday: second day of skiing. Brief study of the snowpack and carrying the tests to calibrate its stability. At half day there will be two ascents / descents with snowmobiles in Montgarri and we will end the day with the freeride descent from Blanhibar to Bagerge. In the afternoon before dinner, we will have a visit from Aymar who will present his latest projects and adventures. Dinner at the lodge.
- Saturday: last day of skiing with the accompaniment of Aymar. This day an ascent will be carried out with all the necessary touring equipment. An introductory day to mountain skiing, where the guides will put their knowledge where the participants will learn how to interpret the ascent and descent line well, apart from the ascent technique with skins. Return to the lodge and free dinner to discover the incredible gastronomic offer of the Valley with more than 200 restaurants. We will advise you and manage your reservations.
- Sunday: breakfast and return of the participants to their homes. There is the possibility of skiing on Sunday, please contact us.
Note: the day by day description may be subject to changes due to weather conditions, snow conditions or by decision of the guides.
To participate in the Freeride Camp you must have the following material:
- Freeride skis (touring bindings and skins) or splitboard (can be substituted for snowshoes), poles and boots
- Transceiver, probe and shovel
- Backpack, (minimum 25 litres)
- Snow googles and sunglasses
- Proper clothing
- Mountain rescue insurance in force
- ABS backpack (recommended and not mandatory)
Note: if you do not have the equipment, contact us, we will manage your rental
GET |IN TOUCH
If you want more information about the Induction Freeride camps feel free to contact us.
The best secrets are those that are told in the ear.